I'd rather be on a dessert island

Yes I meant dessert. Having recently watched both Tom hanks and bear grylls attempt to survive on desert islands i'd prefer an island created by willy wonker infinitely better!

What interested me about castaway is that there are very few films where the cast is, for the majority of the movie, singular. Yes, there are plenty of flicks with the protagonist pitted against the world, only able to rely on himself but it is rare that they are utterly alone. The only other example I know of is the recent Sam Rockell expedition, Moon.

Now I find castaway enjoyable but only every few years. Somewhere along the way Hanks seems to have lost some charisma... (Somewhere being in the middle of the louvre trying to unravel the code of michelangelo's nemisis.) But I do like to revisit the Chuck Norland and his little isle every once in awhile. If only because it makes me appreciate electricity and sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment